- "Lewallen has worked with the PATH Foundation since we began building multi-use trails in 1992. Peggy and Larry Lewallen have a wealth of construction knowledge and pride themselves in fostering long-term customer relationships. The management skills of their project managers are excellent and their office staff is very professional."
– Pete Pellegrini
Construction Manager, PATH Foundation
- "Business professionals, (who are) financially sound, quality driven, and safety oriented."
– David A. Hickenbotham
Senior Project Manager, Batson-Cook Construction
- "Lewallen Construction performed exceptional work on a very complex underground detention vault system in the face of two hurricanes, ground water, an extremely wet summer, and unsuitable soil conditions. Their crews worked in the rain, mud, and oppressive heat and never complained once. Lewallen Construction is one of the good guys."
– Ryce Elliott
Project Manager, Benning Construction
- "Enjoy working with them, on time and on budget"
– Joe Smoak
Project Manager, Dooley & Mack
- "We had no problems working with Lewallen Construction on this [the City of Buchanan streetscape]project and will look forward to working with their Company in the future."
– Kim Morton
City Clerk, City of Buchanan
- "Lifestyle homebuilders and Lewallen Construction have enjoyed a great relationship for 20 years. Their quality and professionalism is unsurpassed. I would not use anyone else. I hope to continue our relationship for another 20 years."
– Tom Schie
Lifestyle Homebuilders, Brayson Homes
- "Lewallen Construction has been a real asset to the construction of the Emory University Sorority Housing Complex. Quality of work and meeting schedule demands have been a priority and Lewallen has done a great job of meeting those arrangements."
– Andy Barfield
New South Construction
Lewallen Construction is a family-owned company that specializes in many facets of concrete construction. Over the past 30 years, Lewallen Construction has grown from two employees to over 125 full-time employees. Our professional and competent staff based in Marietta, GA has successfully completed hundreds of jobs ranging from driveways, foundations, residential basement walls, commercial retaining walls, detention ponds, streetscapes, amusement park rides, intersection improvements, and multi-use paths.
Lewallen’s main operations focus on multi-use trails, poured-in-place walls, and streetscapes. We pour an average of one-half million square feet of walls, approximately 40,000 cubic yards of concrete per year. Our clients rely on our expertise in completing difficult jobs in a safe and timely manner. This expertise has allowed us to grow year after year based on our reputation and quality workmanship.
Lewallen Construction began as a poured wall company, and it continues to be a leader of cast-in-place concrete for both commercial and residential applications. Our specialties include tall commercial retaining & foundation walls, detention ponds & vaults, and complicated residential projects. We pour an average of 500,000 square feet of walls, approximately 40,000 cubic yards of concrete per year. Lewallen utilizes many techniques from form-liners for a finished decorative look to an aluminum gang form system that allow our clients to get the best product that is both structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing. Our portfolio of recent projects includes the gang-formed site walls at The Prado @ Roswell Rd., The District @ Howell Mill Rd. with an underground detention vault bigger than a football field, and the tall gang-formed architectural form-lined site wall at East Village on Holcomb Bridge Rd. With over 30 years of experience from doing labor-only projects to total “turn-key” packages, our clients trust us to handle their concrete construction job when cost, quality, and safety count.
Lewallen’s streetscapes division has completed over 15 projects around the metro Atlanta area in the past two years alone. We have performed work for numerous municipalities and DOT’s around the state illustrating our ability to adhere to the multiple contract clauses and deadlines. Our portfolio of includes projects that are both big and small. We have performed road realignments, intersection improvements, traffic signal installations, storm sewer and drainage installations, downtown beautifications, pedestrian safety improvements, and sidewalk installations The open bidding process performed in obtaining these government contracts show our ability to compete and win in an open market that relies on price as the main determinant. However, it is our quality in job execution that has allowed us to be selected in several instances by City Councils when our price was even slightly higher than the lowest bidder.
Our unique ability to successfully manage and complete jobs in difficult environments has allowed us to emerge as a leader of Georgia’s recreational trails. Lewallen Construction has poured over 75 miles of bicycle paths in just the metropolitan area alone; this includes all of the Silver Comet Trail in Paulding and Polk County in Georgia, the Arabia Mountain Trail in Dekalb County, and the Rottenwood Creek Trail in Cobb County. We have set over 15 bridges including a span of over 200 feet over the South River. Our vast project base, relevant experience and reputation provide our clients the assurance that we can handle their job.
Since every job requires a different type of expertise, Lewallen assembles a team for the project is filled with experienced employees who are dedicated to providing the best work possible and committed to working closely with our clients to complete the project in a timely and safe manner.
In addition to our talented employees, we have worked hard to purchase and maintain our own fleet of heavy construction equipment. We currently own over 80 pieces of equipment including a 60-ton crane, four track hoes, 11 mini-trackhoes, 16 bobcats, 3 concrete pumps, 8 dump trucks, and other specialty equipment to build our client’s project. This amount of equipment allows us to control the pace of the project as we are not reliant on a rental company to provide the equipment.